NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR OUR JULY 2018 SUMMER print issue
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT:
Submitters have the ability to submit an existing exclusive only/unpublished series one has created or can provide a submission proposal which includes photographing a series strictly for SOLA Magazine. Anyone is eligible to submit (photographers, wardrobe stylists, makeup artists, etc). Submitter must provide information regarding the entire team who worked on the submission, and the photographer is required to fill out our release form for image use. Submissions are reviewed based on their content, quality, and relevance. SOLA Magazine looks to publish the highest quality work. See our Pinterest boards for inspiration.
Include the following in your submission:
- Low-res JPGs as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PDF with credits: team, wardrobe, and makeup (beauty).
Once approved, editorials are requested to be in the following format:
- All images provided, high-resolution, 300-400dpi RGB (JPEG or TIFF).
- Dropbox: please submit images, team credits, team social media handles, and styling credits in a folder titled with your name to email@example.com on Dropbox.
- PDF of credits: include all credits in a PDF with text that is able to be copy and pasted. The credits should include the title, team, wardrobe according to image number, makeup (beauty editorials), model's agency, and the team's social media links. The file must be editable so that we can copy the credits to ensure accuracy; do not send the credit as a jpeg file as we won’t be able to extract the credits. Please check that all spelling is correct and that everyone involved in the editorial is credited.
You will be notified in 1-2 weeks if your submission was accepted.
Although not required, photographers are welcome to submit a proposal for their editorial idea prior to shooting. We will review your proposal and let you know if it is a good fit for our upcoming issues. NOTE: All submitters shooting for SOLA Magazine are not 100% guaranteed to be featured in an upcoming issue or online feature. Our editorial team reviews every submission and reserve all rights on their selection.
For Submission proposals, one must provide the following information:
- Info about submitter (ex: location, if represented by agency, specialities)
- Link to website / portfolio
- Concept proposal for series (keep to 1-2 sentences)
All submissions must contain exclusive only/unpublished work. If we find your editorial in another magazine or on social media, we will cut it from the issue. Please email between 6 - 20 low resolution photos. Editorial submissions are required to have a minimum of 6 looks. If we are interested, we will contact you for the higher quality images. Please make sure your photos don't have a logo/watermark and have NOT been previously published. Once your submission is accepted for publication, please send vertical images sized to 8.5” X 11” at 300dpi and horizontal images sized to 17” x 11” at 300dpi in JPG or TIFF format.
All submissions must contain exclusive only/unpublished work. If we find your editorial in another magazine or on social media, we will remove it from our website. Webitorials are required to have a minimum of 3 looks. We accept fashion and beauty webitorials. Please email 6-14 low resolution images. Once your email is accepted, images should be sent at 2000px on the longest side at 72dpi in JPG format.
Talent submissions are reserved for test shoots with new & upcoming models, wardrobe designers, fashion bloggers, fashion illustrators, or industry rising stars. Please submit between 6-14 low resolution images along with an article, bio, interview, or information about the subject. There are no look requirements for this section. The photographer(s) for any images submitted must fill out our photo release form for image use.
Writer can propose article topic about new fashion designers, makeup artists/stylists, collection reviews, fashion illustrators, interviewing models/designers/fashion icons, the newest fashion trends, fashion week, this upcoming seasons trends, etc. Articles should be related to or reference current high-end fashion and beauty.
- Concept Proposals must be sent to SOLA Magazine at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval before submission.
- All articles must include high-res images to be incorporated with the article spreads. The photographer(s) for any images submitted must fill out our photo release form for image use.
- Minimum word count - 500 words
As a contributor, all the images you submit for any issue of SOLA Magazine must be copyright free. The submitted works must be all done by yourself and you must be the authentic copyright holder. If which ever submission(s) get involved with any copyright entanglement because of the above, your eligibility will automatically be revoked. You will be responsible for all the legal consequences under all circumstances regardless of SOLA Magazine’s awareness or not.
In order to achieve a better page layout design, SOLA Magazine also has the right to use, enlarge, reduce and/or crop the original photograph.
SOLA Magazine is hosted on Magcloud.com and digital download and printed revisions are available for purchase. Free copies of an issue are unavailable.
In case of overwhelming artwork submission, not all the submitted stories are guaranteed to be covered or featured in the publication. Editors reserve all rights on the selection.
For commonly asked questions, please see our FAQ page.
Please note: While we try to respond to as many emails as we can, not every inquiry will receive a response due to our high volume of submissions.